Monday, December 17, 2007

streets of life




i sat on that chair..

near the window that opens up into the world..

i wanted to look out...

wanted my gaze to meander..

through the streets of life..

all over again..


for i felt my world has changed...

i knew...that life is just not the same...


i closed my eyes for a moment..

and i remembered it...all of it..



those curves...those turns..

that made me go astray..

those drizzles...those storms...

that drenched me...got me oh so scared...

i was scared to open my eyes...

was scared to look back into the world...

was scared to look into the same old streets..
was scared...to swim in those tides...



but i knew i had to face the world..
had to take those routes again

those unending streets were telling me

that i have to find a way...



and so these eyes trembled...

but the streets they saw got blurred..

i did not know what it was

was it my fear...or was it a new world..



i sank into my chair...

and felt fettered to the ground...

i looked into the sky in despair

to see HIM...who is unbound..



those fetters are still there...

and those prayers are still said...

but...those streets are getting familiar now...



for now i know...its me who has to move ahead...

but...if only...someone could tell me...how...























































No comments: